2009/08/29

say hi to korean bullies read this

seriously korean ppl
stop bullying me
because
u know what

i have a life

i dont owe you anything
and you dont own me

i dont mean harm, and im just happy to share
my point of views or what i like, its not to offend or to be punk


i respect korean culture as much as possible
im proud to be korean

sometimes i can be ab noxious i know,

but nudity in fashion can't be considered ab noxious

ok did i ever have a dirty scandal? no
did i ever slut around ? no
is i-D porn? no


do you guys bitch when you see a Caucasian model nude?
a japanese girl nude? a black girl nude?
and when its korean girl nude, you guys get mad angry
and i can be blonde, red, pink haired if i want. im not trying to be anything else
i have every right to do what i want. if a white girl colours her hair black, do u say "oh shes trying to be asian"?

its so silly to restrict korean girl has to be a certain way
this is superiority complex and complex is not .... flattering


its 2009 , it aint the 70's we dont have 11pm curfew and skirt length regulations

Korea is Korea. its not the world...

and before im korean,

IM ME.

dont be sad or mad because i change
people change! and move on! i grew. and i wont ask you to change
but i AM going to ask for your understandings.


im not gonna say sorry for living my life...

54 Comments:

Blogger Sunny said...

Although I am proud and happy that you are Korean, I love your modeling works regardless.

You make me happy

August 29, 2009 at 3:50 AM  
Blogger Karu said...

You sound like a very sane human being. Keep it up. :)

August 29, 2009 at 3:50 AM  
Blogger hrjkdys said...

word.
antis only exist because of jealousy.
if you love your work and if there are people who appreciate you&you r work, then it's a good thing, hu?
keep it up!

August 29, 2009 at 4:32 AM  
Blogger Sunster said...

Hey Honey

don't worry too much about the haters, if they want to hate and bitch, they miss out on the joy that is you

much love


:-)

Sonny

August 29, 2009 at 4:52 AM  
Blogger WJ said...

I completely agree with what you are saying, especially about dying your hair. When I bleached my black hair blonde I got the same reaction from my fellow asians, the general consensus that I wanted to be caucasian. White people are not judged for dying their hair different colours. Hell, even if I dyed my hair pink people would just reckon that I was punk or kawaii...but when I dye it blonde it means I despise my own culture?? How is that fucking sane!

August 29, 2009 at 5:14 AM  
Blogger THE SHOWMANSHIP said...

for every hater you have a million people that love you all over the world.

your ID shoot is amazing.

X INGRID (THE SHOWMANSHIP)

August 29, 2009 at 5:32 AM  
Blogger Lou said...

Ingrid and Newtokyoterror are so right. They only exist because of jealousy, and we love you !

August 29, 2009 at 6:19 AM  
Blogger The Rebel said...

Good Point

Respect U, Daul

Be just urself

August 29, 2009 at 7:28 AM  
Blogger Piu said...

I totaly agree with you...
JUST BE YOUR SELF

August 29, 2009 at 7:44 AM  
Blogger TheMinx said...

good for you girl, I thought the i-D shoot was amazing :)

August 29, 2009 at 8:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Daul, you're the best.

August 29, 2009 at 9:22 AM  
Blogger ejay said...

amen, daul.

do what you do.
there are so many people
out there who respect
you because of it.

August 29, 2009 at 9:23 AM  
Blogger Eiffel In Seoul said...

You go girl!

Here's the full article of CeCi September!
http://eiffelinseoul.blogspot.com/2009/08/daul-kim-does-morroco.html

August 29, 2009 at 10:32 AM  
Blogger Your Conscience said...

As an artistic Korean I can relate to how you're feeling. Probably not as much since I am obviously not in the limelight, :) but I do get the occasionally WTF from Koreans.
Korea is known to be conservative and defensive, and I think if anyone can change that its you.
Your fans and I support you!

August 29, 2009 at 10:41 AM  
Blogger Ester Kim said...

i love everything you write in your blog. unbelievably relatable!! thank you for always sharing your thoughts. ps. you make being korean bareable! :)

August 29, 2009 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger gennie said...

August 29, 2009 at 11:44 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

im proud of you, you are invoking change in korea

August 29, 2009 at 12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear that of you.
I'm happy to hear that you don't mind what stupid people think.
You are much smarter and cleverer, that is what I think.

August 29, 2009 at 1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO DAUL. As a being, girl, Korean, whatever, I ADMIRE your MOTO. Keep strong, girl. What u just said have are the current thoughts / issues I'm having with ppl around me. They want me to be something I am not thereby UNHAPPY but I WANT TO BE HAPPY by BEING ME.. Thanx, girl, I'm getting so much strength from your courage to speak ur heart out. Keep ur head up. U are strong, You are you and that's why u are beautiful. xoxo

August 29, 2009 at 1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plus I'm Brown blonde with few ear piercings wit a nose stud n I've a weird sense of fashion but so what. Koreans stared @ me n ignorantly blurted out 'gosh, I wonder wot her blood type is', 'maybe she's a wannabe celebrity', 'weirdo', 'she must be some sorta gangsta'..whatever. I just don't wanna look the same like most Koreans do n I just wanted to be what I wanted to be. That's the way things should be if there's any 'should's to be in the World. Should = Want. xoxo

August 29, 2009 at 1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you ... but I think you're an awesome person so don't let it get to you! :)

August 29, 2009 at 2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are such a wonderful being, really.

it may sound silly to say this but i thank you so much for expressing yourself. everything you write i find myself relating with and you make me feel more comfortable with who i am.

there are always going to be close minded people out there, judging us, but we have to stay true to ourselves despite everything.

dying your hair blonde, posing nude, being honest... it's all harmless. no need to let other people's judgments bring you down c:

August 29, 2009 at 6:56 PM  
Blogger Nuri Shin said...

OMG who the fuck was that ppl? I'm sure there are much more person who loves and proud of you in Korea. you are very important person!

August 29, 2009 at 9:29 PM  
Blogger binky said...

Daul I just watched Mona Lisa Smile and I so identify with what you're saying. (You should watch the movie btw, it's really good!)

In Singapore it's like if you're different, you're weird. I feel like it's in our mentality. it stifles you. so thank you for expressing your views (and many others' views) so elegantly.

August 30, 2009 at 12:42 AM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

yep!! haters to the left :)

August 30, 2009 at 9:14 AM  
Blogger Dahlia said...

Go Daul!

Fashion stories sometimes require models to get into a certain character and if the haters can't understand that, then don't excuse yourself for their ignorance.

August 30, 2009 at 10:32 AM  
Blogger julie said...

word!

August 30, 2009 at 5:45 PM  
Blogger Lisa Petrarca said...

Wow, cultural differences are crazy. As a Caucasian I never realized the pressure that other cultures put on people.

How hard that would be to try and be yourself without having people accuse you of being ashamed of your race because of hair color... RIDICULOUS! I actually like your hair better blonde...you just stand out that much more. I'm partial though, I have naturally jet black hair & have dyed it blonde for years. Luckily I never have to deal with the comments.

Nudity on the other hand extends to all races. People will always question it. However, as a mother I think I'd rather not have my son do it (male models are asked to do it too).

I would never judge anyone for their personal decision though. But I always wonder if when they have kids one day, will they regret it?

I think you are a wonderful person, who is so open, honest and vulnerable. Don't let others dictate who you are. We are each made different for a reason...how boring would the world be if we were all the same. You add color!

August 31, 2009 at 12:10 AM  
Blogger nana said...

this is so, so true. daul, you're amazing!

August 31, 2009 at 1:08 AM  
Blogger le neko said...

yours ideas are very interesting, i agree with you and did'nt konw that it could be difficult for an asian (and more specificaly a korean) to spent this life in the way you want.

Go on doing what you want, as you said it's your life, your blog, your body, and that's why I like reading you :)

August 31, 2009 at 2:33 AM  
Blogger j said...

is there a version of this post in korean somewhere? just curious.

<3 ur blog

August 31, 2009 at 3:21 AM  
Blogger ミザ said...

YOU GO GIRL!
<3

I wish I have your guts. I don't even wear short skirts!

August 31, 2009 at 5:00 AM  
Blogger kip said...

You are awesome for standing up like this!!!

August 31, 2009 at 8:29 AM  
Blogger SK said...

I hope they ALL read this. It's so refreshing to hear.

August 31, 2009 at 10:27 AM  
Blogger nana said...

btw daul, i wrote about you in my blog: http://factoryygirl.blogspot.com/2009/08/hi-daul-kim.html
i hope that's alright!
never stop being yourself!

August 31, 2009 at 12:19 PM  
Blogger Eden2010 said...

Daul youre an inspiration, i myself am usually too chicken sh*t to speak up about myself in person to someone reacting from ignorance, a small and really limited mentality, its beautiful to voice yourself and your individuality, and if the world could be proud & not ashamed to exist it would be sooo beautiful! : )

August 31, 2009 at 12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I applaud you

August 31, 2009 at 11:18 PM  
Blogger Bisous Natasha said...

let the haters hate. just roll them out a red carpet if they think they are special..

YOU ARE AMAZING!! they are jealous because they cannot be free the way you are free !! :-D

September 1, 2009 at 9:22 AM  
Blogger thwany said...

amen. do your thing.

September 1, 2009 at 9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, the Korean community can be rougggggggh. Get yours, gurl

September 1, 2009 at 10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! Haha, this was funny but also made great points.

September 1, 2009 at 10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hihi daul-lady. I wish I could be like you, so strong ^^. Is it weird that I miss you even though I don't know you? Oh my god I probably sound like a freakish internet stalker with a crush. .__.
byebye before i do any more damage :3.

September 1, 2009 at 2:54 PM  
Blogger Mari Na said...

you should translate this to korean and spread it like wildfire over there lol, it's awesome to read stuff like this :)

September 2, 2009 at 10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stay true to yourself daul! i love reading your blog. i'm not korean but i find that i can relate to many of your blog posts. don't let the bullies and haters get you down!

September 2, 2009 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger Trina said...

YES.

September 2, 2009 at 8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea like i just fucking hate when therez like a sculpture of a nude girl and people take that in to a wrong direction a.k.a a form of pornography. come on people, since when art became a porn.

im korean and i must agree, it is 21st century, get over it, get used to it, and stop miss using the term "free to express." fuck, nowadays, you can hardly express anything freely.

September 3, 2009 at 2:37 AM  
Blogger WOX said...

wow, well said! its difficult beeing between 2 cultures sometimes. people dont want the others to live their lifes, thats sad.
you are really strong and i admire that a lot!

September 3, 2009 at 9:14 AM  
Blogger Photographer in the funny hat! said...

Just fyi. In my photo prop stash there's a pink wig, and a can of color fiend, temporary hair dye..also pink.

Maybe snap some candid pics with you wearing either or both, through the night on Halloween?

September 3, 2009 at 11:00 AM  
Blogger saixan said...

U r so rite...
Keep up being like that.
BTW, ive got a kind of girl crush on u.

September 7, 2009 at 3:47 AM  
Blogger saetbyul said...

you say it, girl.

September 20, 2009 at 11:22 PM  
Blogger Euniis Nala said...

ugh, i feel the same exact way being a korean girl in the states. people in korea are so narrow-minded.

you look absolutely gorgeous in everything you do. keep up the good work!!!

October 8, 2009 at 9:51 PM  
Blogger paulie said...

Amazing words.

November 19, 2009 at 3:59 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

i wish you did not died, or that i had at least stumbled upon this blog of yours before you said hi to forever. i could have learn so, so, so much from you. Beautiful soul tarred by the dirt that is the world we live in, wherever you are now, I hope you have found what you were looking for: Happiness.

October 22, 2010 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Her words touched me deeply.

January 24, 2022 at 9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home