say hi to memories
my father.
the reason why i liked unbearable lightness of being
is because i related to a scene where the girl is looking at herself
in the mirror not out of vanity, but with a desperate effort
to see beyond genetics, heritage. to see her trueself beyond
her mothers face. desperate attempt to see her soul.
blood is thicker than water.

6 Comments:
Your writing is very true and vulnerable. You let your beautiful soul be seen by the world. I admire that very much, as I tend to still be guarded. You are a very special person!
We each need to spend time finding out who we are, searching our hearts.
We each need to learn to live in the now...making the most of each day. Letting go of the things that hold us back from our true desires.
The past is unchangeable...you can however control whether you continue to hold on to it or let it go and set yourself free!
Have a wonderful weekend Daal!
oops hit the wrong key on your name...Daul! SORRY LOL!
i absolutely love that book. that part about how when tereza looks at tomas and her soul rises to the surface like sailors to the deck of a ship? amazing.
i love the way you write.
you look a lot like your dad.
The Unbearable Lightness of Being :) I love that book, it had been running around my head recently but I had forgotten the name of it. You gave me the name again yay! I found your image at the link below and tripped out on the coincidence since I follow your blog as is. So excited for your success :)
http://lefashionimage.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-09-04T19%3A11%3A00-04%3A00&max-results=10
i love the book too. it was eerie when i stood on that hill in prague.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home