2008/07/15

Say hi to donna regina




i was listening to her when i was like... i think 15???

i remember i was skiving P.E cos it was swimming class

and i have paranoia of swimming/sea/sailing

(i had very intense swimming for 7 years.... + bad memories)

i can do it for work, if im shooting (actually v good at shooting underwater)

but then when im working im a different person.

i was sitting on the bench of the swimming pool at school

listening to donna regina

honestly, her music is a bit too cute for my own taste, but then its alright,

i love her because her songs are composed in a such a off-beat way

and you dont expect this kind of composition?????

kind of pop-ambient-instrumental and kind of repetitive in a minimal way

but its very sweet.

my favourite is 'Northern classic'

its SO off -beat and so nice, but then its not on youtube...so sad

her live- perfomance is quite amazing too, and great instrument players !

lucky germans.... they have everything

good looking furniture,good looking buildings, good looking cook wears,

minimal electronica, raves, donna regina....etc etc

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"lucky germans.... they have everything" - hahaha, I rather think we are lacking so much.

Nice, I like her music. I also really liked that Korean pop star you once introduced, who had been big in the 80ies. And then again, I catch up on 80ies synthie sounds very easily.

July 15, 2008 at 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home